Khokhlovka (Хохловка) | Russia (Россия) | Perm
Architectural and ethnographic museum Khokhlovka is an open-air museum in Perm Krai | Russia | Хо́хловка — архитектурно-этнографический музей в Пермском крае, основанный в 1969 году. Открыт для посетителей 17 сентября 1980 года.
Architectural and ethnographic museum Khokhlovka is an open-air museum in Perm Krai, Russia. It is located in the Perm municipal district, on the right bank of the Kama River, 43 km from Perm. It was founded in 1969 and opened for visitors in 1980.
Museum-reserve of wooden architecture, located on the high cape of the Kama River. The location for the open-air museum is well chosen. The buildings harmoniously fit into the surrounding nature, the landscapes are very picturesque!
The decision to establish the museum was made by the Perm Regional Executive Committee back in April 1969. Perm architect Alexander Terekhin was the initiator.
The Scientific and Restoration Production Department from various points of the Kama region transported and restored monuments of wooden architecture of the late 17th — early 20th centuries to Khokhlovka. This made it possible to preserve the dilapidated, old buildings that fell into disrepair.
It is worth telling a little about the village itself, on the outskirts of which the museum arose. The village arose on the banks of the Khokhlovka River, which flows into the Kama here. After the construction of the Kama reservoir, the Khokhlovsky Bay arose. In 1754, the Khokhlovsky copper smelter was founded here, put into operation in 1756. The founders and first owners of the plant were Maria Artemyevna Stroganova, A.A. Golitsyn (Stroganov) and V.A. Shakhovskaya (Stroganov). Since 1757, the plant belonged to M.A. Stroganova, from 1784 — I.L. Lazarev, from 1801 — E.A. Lazarev, from 1871 — E.Kh. Abamelek-Lazarev.
In the past, Khokhlovka was the center of the Khokhlovsky volost of the Okhansk district and the Khokhlovsky village council. In 1973 he was transferred to Skobelevka.
According to the 2010 census, only 12 people live here permanently. It is known that in 1926 the population reached 233 people. In summer, the village comes alive thanks to the numerous summer residents.